Overconfident.. A lesson I wanna share..

Friday, May 22, 2009
Yo.. It's been a long time since I last made an entry.. I don't have the time.. I am totally busy and tired these days, brr..

Lots of assignments that have to be done.. but I don't mind.. i like assignments.. hehe

what I don't like is quiz..i'm always freak out when there is a quiz.. makes me hard to breathe.. especially when you're not ready.. last minute study.. You must be thinking what kinda student am i right.. it's happen, and i think a lot of you guys are the same as me..

There are some people who likes quiz and I respect them..

Talking about students life, the one thing that I like the most is doing PRESENTATION. I know a lot of you guys hate this stuff. Fortunately to me, i love to talk in front of crowds. Debate, public speaking, trash talking, You name it! The one that I remembered is at highschool when I entered the Interschool debate competition.. Though i loss in the semis.. but I think that is my best experience of public speaking ever!!

Well, maybe because it was held in a girls school, convent Teluk Intan! Muehehe! Girls are magical..

Since that day, I've always putting myself in the center of the stage. When there is a chance for me to go up to the stage to talk, I take it. Because of that, I grew confident in myself that i let myself overwhelmed with arrogance. I became Overconfident.. It is always dangerous to be arrogant or riya'.. and that became a lesson to me..

One day i entered a Forum competition, just like a usual forum where you get a group of people to sit down and talking about sumthin!

At that time, i am representing ST Anthony.. I know that we don't have enough practice and did very little rehersal before the event. But at that day, I am not scared at all, my heart is totally calm and I thought this crap will be a piece of cake. All my friends carried notes in case they don't remember. But i don't! i was totally overconfident!

We entered the stage and sit down, we checked the mics and we are ready..

1.. 2... 3... Go..

The first round...

The moderator ask me a question.. I answered.. kinda well.. until..

...................................BLANK!!! .........................

OMG!! What happenned? I became speechless.. for about 5 seconds

Lucky that I managed to bounce back... the forum continued..

The second round...

This is where it get worst.. we are at the stage and i'd seen the audience talking to each other like we are not even here.. i hate that..So I tried to get them to focus!! I made an impression.. a very loud one!!

It was a success..

until....

......................................BLANK!!!...................................

wat de fish happened?

At that time I just couldn't talk... I am out of words again... I was ashamed and embarassed... Especially to my team mates.. The moderator just continued to the other guy.

The incident become a very good lesson to me... You are never too good.. it is all depends on God. The moral here is we should not let ourselves become arrogant, overconfident and riya'.Arrogance comes to us in a subtle way, sometime we don't even know that we are arrogant..

So be careful

always remember.. to always be humble... JA Na...

16 comments, 페이스:

'AQILAH said...

you didn't bring any short list want u going to say? uhuh..you are right...it all depends on god..so Naqib! take it as a lesson..hehehe so am i..tq for sharing yay..

Farah Abdullah said...

ex debater ke? nice! ya.. can't be too confident! i like ur story.. =)

DilOt said...

kdg2 kite xleh confident sgt..sbb confident akan wat kite terlebih excted dan tak bersyukur....

tq for sharing...

naqiubex said...

To ファラ 'aqila : Ur welcome... Yup, actually I'd still continued that habit by lookin at the situation. If there's no need for notes than I'll wont need it.

To Farah Adila : debater now and always.. thanx for liking my story..

To Dilot : Betul, bahaya bahaya..

Mrs Nurul said...

hahahah bagus2,belaja la dari kesilapan. dont be oberkompiden yer

fariha saibani said...

salam...

cantiknya Islam..bersederhana dalam semua keadaan..

xterlalu feel loose..or too feel goood..

kui3.. a lessson is the best teacher!

wee~ (^_^)

e k i n said...

well , its gud to have a good confident level , seriously !! different frm me which i'm sort of scared to present in front of my own friends . Because i got such low cnfident level , huhuh !!

joegrimjow said...

presentation?
dislike most!

Lun said...

daaaaa

thats why it is called quiz...
it will pop out when U r not redy..

ish3

naqiubex said...

Nope.. they only does that sometimes..

nadz ruslan said...

slalu bila konfiden nak present mesti dia jadi gagap gak.

pernah so overconfident prepare 1 hr b4 presentation. haha result? speechless

Umi Nazrah said...

yeah u should practice more altho u believe u can do better..

kirana said...

So...u learnt your lesson, yeah? That's great. Sometimes a simple mistake is the best teacher in our life.

calvin said...

Hi, this would be the first time for me to leave a comment at your blog. Yeah, sometimes it can be suicidal to be over-confident. Just practise moderation and I guess that will work the best =)

Just wonder, how did you end up in my blog?

P/S: I somehow find your writing style unique and interesting ;)

Anonymous said...

Heh3X interesting confession. Actually nothing beats, "Prepare Prepare Prepare" & "Practice Practice Practice" Having confidence is good. Being over confident is also good (that will overthrow your opponent) but what is not good is being overly confident (which is excessively confident) as this may throw you off balance. When you're off balance you'll be heading straight into the dump.

syai_mania2000 said...

nice story bro.. u need confidence, yes.. but dont overdose it.. heheh