I heard about the news that the government wanted to make the National Service compulsory to every 18 years old. I don't really mind about that idea.. Plus. i think that is what the government should've done long before.This will give the equal rights for every 18 years old to enter the service whether they wanted it or not.
I was an NS trainee before.. which camp I enter? I don't wanna tell you..
What I know is that when my name were in the list to be in the NS. I was so damn excited..
So what have I done?
I did my very own special physical training to be able to endure the hardness of any military service could be.. I do weightlifting, jogging for miles, all that kinda stuff that would make your body stronger...
As I set foot into the camp, the experience that i've been through is not as I expected it to be.. Very very very far from what I have imagined...
Before I tell you guys about my experience, I wanna say that every activities, sessions and slot that were implemented in the NS is good. It really was fun, educational and exciting..... but.... it was not that good enough. The NS remains only as that... the same similar thing that can be learned from seminars or bootcamp in the highschool that have been done by groups like Biro Tatanegara, Ukhwah.com or somethin similar.
There was lack of security and observation being done to the trainee. Furthermore, a very weak disciplinary action to the trainee in which the punishment is very light... The punishment were actually very heavy at first but it was lighten down because of the complains that have been done by the trainees making the administration of the camp limits the count of punisment. As an example, only 10 pushups were done instead of 100 that have been done in the first few days of the start of the training.
There was lot of drama there... Fighting... Gansterisme (real gangster.. some of them have their own gang)... adultery ( couple couple... some were caught kissin).. Stealing.. Smoking...
What is up with all that?? What is a National service if they can't handle that situation???
The one that i was really pissed off was in the end of the programme... some of the trainee popped out some cigarrettes from nowhere and smokes!!! In the bloody NS CAMP!!!
What a shame... an indication that the programme is not working... It was not the trainer fault though as i've seen they were doing their best to stop this..
To make it more simpler.. i will list down my good and bad experience that i've been through..
- I've learned to live with people from around the country...
- Wake up at 5Am which I am a morning guy anyway
- Won some competitions with my company.. ended up gettin the second place in overall champion
- Love the activities
- Love push ups
- Love my friends
- Love the trainers, commanders and everyone in the admin.. they were my inspiration...
- Fighting... a lot..
- Almost have a fight with a crowd of people.. 1 0n 30 sumthin.. lucky a trainer was there.. so I survived (I was so strict)
- A sledgehammer in the locker for safety
- Stones were thrown at me by some rascals
- Boooed by people who hate me while I was giving a public speech (cos there was nobody else who have the guts to talk.. i have no choice)
- Sad seeing most of the trainees to be so lazy, not disciplined, lousy, jealous, everything!! Arghh!!
- My uniform were too big...
- A girl confesses her love to me... It's not the first time but it still is weird...
ps: This article is made not to defy the government.. NOT... Just think of them as a report of my experiences in NS. I don't wanna be detained and locked up in ISA! Got that!
Anyway it was still an experiences that I will never forget.. a lot that I have learned especially in knowing people and their social behaviour.. everything have its hikmah..